[mythtv-users] MythMusic, weird behavior

thor mythtv at lamedomainname.com
Wed Jun 25 20:15:02 EDT 2003

On Wednesday 25 June 2003 08:42 pm, Chris Germano wrote:

> the time, it is noise, uses power, heats up the air and slowly kills them,

	Actually, it's the thermal shock of turning them and off that kills them, but
to each his own.

> Disabled "List as Shuffled" = The playlist is ordered alphabeticaly and
> changing songs is instant with no shuffle options. Once Smart or Random
> shuffle is the whole screen will freeze, the playlist will then move 6
> seconds after and start playing the next song.
>
> Enabled "List as Shuffled" = Ok this is a really good feature, my list is
> listed alphabeticaly if shuffle is off, but once I turn it on, it rebuilds
> the playlist randomly, which takes about 6 seconds and then it is
> instantaneous switching to the next song. So it must be just working with
> and displaying the playlist that slows it down.

	You either have an enormous playlist or a slow computer (or both). The
playlist code sorts only on demand. That wasy it doesn't have to resort your
entire music tree every time you change the shuffle mode. It could presort
everything, but then I'd get a pile of e-mails complaining that it takes too
long to start up.

> I wish I could get that other feature working, "Show entire music tree" as
> I really want to have artist names on the side for navigation as my music
> collection is seperated by artist folder already. With thousands of songs
> it is nice to tell it what you want to listen to, instead of being on long
> random list. Anyone have a clue what might cause this feature not to work?

	You probably have keyboard accelerators turned off (showWholeTree needs
accelerators on, because it takes over the arrow keys).

- thor