[mythtv-users] re: DRAFT of proposed new FAQ (or HowTo section)

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Wed Jun 25 15:20:15 EDT 2003

Gerald Britton wrote:
> I have a tv capture card with a mono sound jack, they do exist.
> Ones that advertise stereo have stereo tv audio decoders in them,
> the mono cards are only capable of grabbing the mono broadcast
> audio out of the air even if they might have a stereo minijack and
> send the output to both channels.

This is what I'm unaware of. Can you pass along a make/model
that passes only mono audio through the patch cord? Or a
reference to a URL that details a card that works this way?
I can speculate on how this might be the case but every
card that I've tried that is not marked stereo has, in fact,
passed both tracks to the sound card.

--  bjm