[mythtv-users] Font size in Guide and Recordings (and variousother rants)

Tako Schotanus quintesse at palacio-cristal.com
Wed Jun 25 12:13:51 EDT 2003

> > Issue 2 (more of a rant than an issue)
> > Also while I'm posting I was wondering if the developers assume that
> > everyone is using this on a computer.  All my frontends are
> hooked to
> > televisions and my backends are headless.  There seems to be an
> > inordinate amount of keys required to control the various
> functions of
> > Myth.  There are also a number of places that require
> typing.  It is a
> > huge pain to have to plug a keyboard into all my systems to
> do so many
> > things.  This is a plea to think of us poor remote control
> users when
> > designing interfaces.
>
> My main use is hooked up to a TV.  Almost everything can be
> done with 4 arrow
> buttons, a select button, an exit button, and the number
> keys.  One of the
> next things I want to do is make a full-fledged menu for the
> OSD, which
> should get rid of some extra buttons during playback and live tv.

You are talking about the version from CVS? Or about a 0.9.1 version for
which you tweaked the settings? (being one of the developers I assume
the former ;-)

An example that I encountered was with MythGame where I can use arrow
buttons and select to get to the right category but then I need to hit
TAB to switch to the list of games within the category to be able to
actually run one.

-Tako