[mythtv-users] Font size in Guide and Recordings (and various other rants)

Eni Gma enigma at thedonnerparty.com
Tue Jun 24 23:11:58 EDT 2003

Isaac Richards wrote:

>On Tuesday 24 June 2003 10:59 pm, Eni Gma wrote:
>

><snip>
>Fonts sizes for the themed dialogs (epg, playback screen, mythvideo,
>mythweather, etc) are all set in the various theme files.

Great.  Just needed to know where to look.

><snip>
>My main use is hooked up to a TV.  Almost everything can be done with 4 arrow
>buttons, a select button, an exit button, and the number keys.  One of the
>next things I want to do is make a full-fledged menu for the OSD, which
>should get rid of some extra buttons during playback and live tv.
>
>There isn't that much stuff that needs a keyboard, and it'll become less as
>stuff's switched over to use the 'MythRemoteLineEdit' widget instead of the
>normal QLineEdit -- this allows entry of characters as on a phone keypad
>(it's used in the new manual scheduling screen and music playlist popups, for
>instance).

Sounds fantastic.  I have 24 keys on my remotes (Creative CIMR100s), 14
that are not numbers.  But it always seems like I need more :-).
 Obviously I am not going to be able to map everything as Myth has such
a wealth of features, but I am slowly getting my LIRC config to
somewhere I can use it.  I agree that almost everything can be done with
just a few buttons, but it's those last few things that make me break
the keyboard out of the closet.  I am thinking of a configuration module
for MythWeb to completely put the keyboard away, see below.

><snip>
>'N' swaps the channel between the two displayed windows (if the channels are
>available on both cards, of course).  You can't switch tuner cards while
>watching tv.  It just picks the first free tuner cards when assigning things
>to watch in PiP.
>
>Isaac

Aah, it was just a misguided assumption on my part.  I read "N swaps the
two channels" in keys.txt as "swaps the main window for the inset
window".  Thanks for the clarification.

On another topic, what is the status of MythWeb?  I have seen some posts
indicating that a major rewrite is/was imminent.  I do PHP work
professionally and have several features I would like to implement.
 Since I know next to no C++ MythWeb will probably be my only chance to
give back to the project.  However, if a major rewrite is in progress I
don't want to make the modifications to v 0.9.1 only to find they (are
broken)|(have already been implemented) in the rewrite.  It is hard to
code against a moving target :-)  Would it be best for me to patch
against the stable version or should I just pick a day from CVS and go
from there?