[mythtv-users] playing captured files on windows box

Todd Turner todd_a_turner at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 24 14:58:37 EDT 2003

Hello all,

Starting to do research on a HTPC.  Have a couple of
questions about mythtv

1.  If I want to play the captured video files on my
windows box, does mythtv use a standard mpeg codec?
Is it as simple as transferring the file to my windows
machine and playing it with media player?

2. What is the best way to output high resolution onto
an hdtv?  Looks like the options are S-Video,
Component, DVI (on the tv side of things), not sure
what is supported on mythtv side.

thanks in advance,

todd