[MythTV-Users] Interest Only: VMware 4 Myth Performance

David Madsen madsend at myrealbox.com
Sat Jun 21 20:19:04 EDT 2003

I just set up myth in VMware as well to test it out and got it all working.
I had the opposite problem with the sound drivers though.. I got the kernel
ES1371 driver to load and work fine with most apps, but whenever I tried to
watch a recording or live tv, the sound was all garbled.  Didn't really
investigate into that part of the problem so I don't know what caused it. I
installed the alsa drivers and they're working just great.  I resized my X
desktop to be the same size as my recorded files (640x480) and the local
processor doesn't go above about 30% utilization.  Not bad considering.  If
I make the desktop bigger than that, and it has to start scaling the video,
the utilization goes up alot higher.  I'm quite impressed with it and will
keep it on here to be able to watch while roommates are upstairs on the real
TV :)

Dave Madsen