[mythtv-users] RE: [mythtv] Extenal interface to frontend for OSD and other stuff?

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Fri Jun 20 11:52:10 EDT 2003

Note: moved this from the -users list

Hmmm... this is definitely a step in the right direction.  I've been
thinking of something like a master dialog list, in which dialogs could be
located by a string or other identifier, so that their relative order could
be manipulated.  For instance, if you were in the 'Watch Recordings' screen
and wanted to go back to the main menu, it would just bring the main menu to
the front, but not destroy the 'Watch Recording' screen.  Then, if some
subsequent action requested the 'Watch Recordings' screen, it would only
have to pop it to the front.  I dunno, this may be alot more trouble than
it's worth... and of course there are the more difficult cases when the
current window is the Xv playback window... though it would be nice if
almost every window in Myth had a 'black hole' to view the playback (like
the EPG) so that you could do just about every task in Myth without having
to stop what you're watching.  Kind of nice to be able to delete recordings
and resolve conflicts without exiting LiveTV, for instance.

I have yet to examine the new 'single-window' code, so maybe some of the
support for this is potentially there already... just thought I'd put some
ideas out there.

-JAC