[mythtv-users] myth -> svcd

Jeff Monks mythtv at skunkeye.com
Fri Jun 20 03:06:24 EDT 2003

I've just started working on this myself, and have been experimenting with
transcode (http://www.theorie.physik.uni-goettingen.de/~ostreich/transcode)
for transcoding and GOPchop (http://outflux.net/unix/software/GOPchop) for
cutting out commercials.  So far, I've had decent results (transcoding
more or less in real-time on my 2.0GHz machine), but am still tweaking my
transcode settings to get the best balance of playing time vs. quality vs.
transcode speed.

I'm using a PVR-250, so the MPEG-2 files it produces are easily handled by
these tools.  GOPchop, for example, only works on MPEG-2 files, so you
would have to transcode to SVCD format first if you are capturing with a
BTTV card.  As for transcode handling Myth's NUV or MPEG4 files, I dunno.