[mythtv-users] myth -> svcd

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Fri Jun 20 00:17:41 EDT 2003

Ok, I'm running short of drive space on my 120 gig drive (scary), which
means that I need to start backing some things up, or convince my wife
to delete some of her Stargate and Who's Line episodes (not going to
happen).

I know that there are several programs out there for transcoding (I'm
working on one of them), and we've talked about combining them, or at
least sharing resources, but not much happened from that.

Personally, I don't care about DIVX, XVid, etc because they won't play
in my dvd player, so I'm wondering if anyone has done much with SVCD
stuff so that I wouldn't have to start from scratch (or even start at
all if there's something out there that works to at least get the mpeg2
file created, since I have plenty of experience dealing with vcdimager).

Also, did anything ever come from the "smart" cutlist handling for
mplayer that was talked about?

-Chris