[mythtv-users] Possible Memory Leak?

Ray Olszewski ray at comarre.com
Tue Jun 17 15:46:15 EDT 2003

At 03:45 PM 6/17/2003 -0400, Ken Thompson wrote:
>Could mandrake 9.1 include a kernel that has this memory bug?  Do you
>think it would be wise to recompile with a new kernel from kernel.org?

"Could" it? Yeah, sure. Is it *likely*? No, because it it were happening,
the Mandrake support lists (you are on a Mandrake support list, right?)
would have alerted you to the problem.

While Isaac's comments about memory leaks were correct, I would want a
better understanding of the details of your setup, and the problem you see,
before I attributed your problem to a memory leak. At this point, it
remains unclear if you are actually seeing memory fill up (other than in
the trivial way all Linux kernels "fill" memory).

[old stuff deleted]