[mythtv-users] RE: mythfrontend setup for around $300 ??

Shawn Edwards sedwards at theedwards.org
Tue Jun 10 13:33:00 EDT 2003

I'm using one of these Chaintech boards for my frontend.  About the only
thing that does work well is the video.  I never did get the onboard net
to work and the sound only plays at 48kHz.  Works great for tv playback,
but music sound about a minor 3rd too high.

I'm told that the audio and net will work better with a 2.5.x kernel,
but then the video will stop working.

My current solution is to use extra net and sound cards.  Since I did
that, all is well.  I'll attack it again once 2.6 hits the shelves.

--
Shawn Edwards
sedwards at theedwards.org

My daughter might be an honor student at the Heisenberg Institute