[mythtv-users] What tv-out card to get?

Henk Poley hpoley at dds.nl
Mon Jun 9 13:40:06 EDT 2003

> Van: John Burton <john.burton at jbmail.com>
>
> I want to get a tv out card to use with mythtv
> This is use in the UK and I'll be using a PVR-250 so it will need to
> support output of MPG files reasonably well.
>
> What cards are best supported under linux? I want to use gentoo..
> Are ggeforce4 mx cards supported for this under linux?
> I'd appreciate any information, or advice on where I can find this out.

All GeForce cards are supported by the nVidia linux drivers. Though it
seems to be rather difficult to tweak the tv-out of the GF4 MX cards. nvtv
-the 'standard' way of setting over/under-scan etc.- doesn't seem to work
with those cards. Don't know about the 'newest' drivers nVidia though. I
have seen programs other than nvtv that should be able to do it by tweaking
the config driver files, never tried them.

	Henk Poley <><