[mythtv-users] New to MythTV, want to build it out....

Cosimo Leipold cosimo at hypnotic.net
Sun Jun 8 16:28:15 EDT 2003

	I would love to build myself a MythTV box. The problem is I can't
seem to find any list of working configurations and setups. I look at one
post that suggests the Hauppauge PVR 250, the next post says it won't
work, etc.. Same deal for video out solutions... "Some old nvidia cards
are supported" is a pretty sub par bit of documentation...

	I would love to know what setups people have actually got
working right, ideally the whole thing - this is my case, my mobo, my ram,
my video, I'm using/not using onboard audio, etc. That way I can replicate
that machine to a T, and rest assured that with the proper amount of
fiddling I can get it to work. I've seen numerous posts of "Yea I had to
ditch the card, I couldn't get it to work". I'd like to avoid that.

	If anyone here has built a relatively low cost mythtv and would be
willing to share what they've put in it I'd greatly appreciate it. If you
could be specific on the pvr card and the video card that would be great.

	Ideally, I'd like to eventually build whatever that person put
together and document everything I did start to finish. From the install
of the os, to compiling, configuring, testing - a howto that could take
someone who wants to build a mythtv from scratch from "I've got a blank
disk" to "I'm watching DIVX flicks off the network". If a document like
this exists, please point me to it. I've looked but haven't found
anything very detailed. Just wide steps (which is fine, until you run into
a snag).

thanks
cos