[mythtv-users] Video/Audio input mismatch

Dan Robichaud djrobichaud at rogers.com
Sat Jun 7 02:04:53 EDT 2003

'Evening all,

I've come across something very wonky in recent days.  I'd set up MythTV to
record from my dish on the Svideo input, but the audio in the recording was
coming from the TV tuner.  I know the audio is set up OK because when I
switch from tuner to Svideo while watching live television by pressing the
"C" key, the audio corresponds to the input source just fine, but when I
scheduled a recording, it sometimes got messed up.

So I experimented a little further and I was able to reproduce the following
behavior:

I launch mythfrontend and go into "Watch TV" and by default it's the TV
tuner.  I press "C" to change inputs and I get the dish (the sound at this
point is coming from the right source).  I press escape to get back to the
menu and when I select "Watch TV" again the second time around, I still get
video from the dish, but the audio is now coming from my tuner.

Has anyone else experienced this?  Is it a known bug?

Thanx in advance for any advice!

Dan

I love my MythTV!