[mythtv-users] Matrox G400 question

Pierre-Olivier Bouchard petecool at vl.videotron.ca
Thu Jun 5 21:12:48 EDT 2003

Brian Lalor wrote:

> Not strictly MythTV-related...
>
> I'm working on building a MythTV-capable system (Athlon XP 1700+, 120GB
> IBM drive, 512MB PC2700 RAM).  The motherboard I'm looking at doesn't
> have TV-out, and I've seen recommendations for the Matrox Millennium
> G400 card.  Will that card support TV *only*?

A super-cheap GF2MX with Tv-Out might be a better choice, if you get a
model with a "fully-programmable" tv output chip (the other(s?) have
only a few modes/sizes), you'll be able to really control the tv-out.
Now, I don't know how flexible the g400 tv-out is, but I know the GF2MX
is alright if properly configured. Might be cheaper, too, depends on
where you live.

Pete