[mythtv-users] MythMusic works great, but MythTV = /dev/dsp busy

Perry, Aaron aperry at atg.com
Fri Jun 6 13:43:23 EDT 2003

Hi, I've been having problems with MythTV sound.  I get errors about the
device (/dev/dsp) being busy.  It was sporadic for a while, but now I
can't seem to get any live TV sound at all (and I'm finally integrating
this system with my entertainment center, great timing!)

I've scoured the forum and found reports of similar problems and causes
but I cannot find the solution.  It appears that this is likely because
of the KDE sound server, but I'm having trouble figuring out how to turn
it off.

Any help would be appreciated.

Configuration:
Mandrake 9.1
PVR-250
Onboard sound card.

By the way, cheers to those of you who have been working on MythMusic.
It's great!

Thanks.