[mythtv-users] mythtv crashing mythtv-backend

CyberPsyko CyberPsyko at PunkAss.com
Fri Jun 6 13:28:49 EDT 2003

I have a similar problem with mythbackend crashing. I could be just
watching TV (for a minute or for a day... it dosn't seem to matter) and
poof. Mythbackend just stops; no errors; nothing from verbose logging;
it just stops.

I am reading up on gdb to get a better idea of what is happening. In
your case I would think you should make sure your install of Alsa is up
to date and working properly.In my case, however, I think some other
program is causing my crash.