[mythtv-users] Is this gonna be a problem for Myth?

Isaac F. isaac447 at tazthecat.net
Wed Jun 4 16:01:21 EDT 2003

I probably wouldn't worry too much just yet.  Many corporations get
these types of patents for defensive reasons, even when there is a ton
of prior art.  Now, it would be darned hard to sue MS for using this
technology.

Now, if they start going sue happy...

The important thing would be to find any written descriptions or
examples of these types of systems that existed prior to October 26,
1998 (the filing date).

Some might argue that hotels that have been offering video on demand for
years via a room full of VCRs wired to the hotel rooms may constitute
prior art as far as the "Video-on-Demand" claim goes.

IF

--
Isaac W. Foraker, Software Engineer
http://tazthecat.net/~isaac/