[mythtv-users] Sell mythtv "set-top" boxes

Pete Hartman mythtv at elmegil.net
Tue Jun 3 20:38:00 EDT 2003

At 08:52 AM 6/3/03 -0700, Ray Olszewski wrote:
>>Maybe, but just having them in the newsgroup archive does not make them
>>accessible to the target group. I wouldn't have known that these are
>>discussed here at all (thinking that hardware configs are offtopic on
>>such a list) and even now that I know, I wouldn't know what keywords to
>>search for to get specifically these "well-written descriptions".
>>Searching for "Athlon" or "WinTV" would turn up way too much, eh,
>>"discussion". So, if you have some particular posts in mind, maybe you
>>could relocate them and post them on the website somewhere?
>

>I think this is a great idea, Ben. You are certainly correct that
>searching the list for these posts is laborious ... I cannot think fo a
>good search strategy either. But as you may not realize, I do not have
>write access to the Myth Website. So someone who does (Isaac? Robert?)
>will need to do this ... assuming, of course, that he or she agrees with
>us that it is a worthwhile activity.

I don't think we necessarily need ongoing write access.  I think someone
could volunteer to host the information and make a link to the main website
just once.  I would volunteer myself if no one else does, though I'm on the
far end of a not necessarily speedilicious DSL line.

As for the effort to search, perhaps those of us interested in this effort
could split the archives up and each of us search a specific date
range.  I'm all ready to sign on for that too.