[mythtv-users] DirecTV -- Satellite Serial Port -- How can I build the cable?

John Klimek jmk396 at psu.edu
Tue Jun 3 18:54:01 EDT 2003

Thanks for the help guys.

The receiver I have is an RCA DRD430RG.  On the back it has a "low speed
data" port.

What exactly do I need to purchase?  I've built Super Nintendo LPT adapters
so I'm familar with DB25 adapters and such.

I'm assuming I need a DB9F (9-pin female connector) connector and a regular
RJ45 connector.

What I'm confused about is which pin goes to which color on the RJ45
connector.