[mythtv-users] Re: saa7134 - works on xawtv, mythbackend gives errors

Jeremy Malcolm Jeremy at Malcolm.id.au
Mon Jun 2 18:28:50 EDT 2003

On Sun, 01 Jun 2003 17:18:03 +0200, Ben Bucksch wrote:
>> Changing from None to WatchingLiveTV
>> channel '0' has no tuner (composite)
>> VIDIOCMCAPTUREi0: Invalid argument
>>

> Try to make sure that the "start channel" of the Tuner input is
> correct (and tunable). It is a channel number.

Cool, that mostly fixed it.  However, I also found that I had to run
mythbackend as root (although /dev/dsp should have been readable and
writable by my mythtv user, so I don't know what the problem was).
Audio is *really* bad quality compared to passing through the sound card
like xawtv does, but I guess that's a hardware limitation.

Couple of very minor questions though:

* Does anyone have a suggestion of how to remove the GNOME panel and
  window decorations from the TV window under GNOME 1.4 and IceWM?

* Whenever I go into the Weather application, it shows me the setup
  screen.  This is even after I have already set it up.

Also a suggestion:

* There should be the ability to manually record, without having to
  select a program from the program guide.  Since I don't have XMLTV for
  Australia, I would much prefer just to be able to say "record this
  until I tell you to stop", or "record for the next hour", or "record
  from 8:30 until 9:30 tonight".  I mean, my VCR can do that easily so
  why not MythTV?

--
JEREMY MALCOLM <Jeremy at Malcolm.id.au> Personal: http://www.malcolm.id.au
Providing online networks of Australian lawyers (http://www.ilaw.com.au)