[mythtv-users] Has anybody put together a three tuner system ?

Brian Foddy bfoddy at visi.com
Mon Jun 2 00:41:46 EDT 2003

Yes, I have 2xWinTV 401 and a PVR250 running
on a dual P2-450.  There are some minor problems,
but I'm running a month old CVS version.  Nothing
too major.

As for the power of your 2400, really depends on
how jacked up you want the resolution and quality
numbers.  My 450's don't have the power to encode
at a high quality number, but the dual cpus really
help with the multiple tuners.  If I'm willing
to accept a few jumps, I can record 3 and play 1
at the same time.

I've considered specing out a new machine and
from the info I've heard reported, I would guess
your 2400 would have problems with 3 cards set
at high quality numbers.  Once multiple PVRs
get stable, probably have less trouble, but
you may run into HD limitations.  I have 3 SCSI
80MB drives in a raid.

Brian