[mythtv-users] AIW question

Harondel J. Sibble help at pdscc.com
Thu Jul 31 11:11:45 EDT 2003

It's covered quite well in the list archives, the drivers are not capable of
concurrent recording and playback. Without that you are SOL. The problem has
NOTHING to do with mythtv, it has everything to do with the gatos drivers. It
is a known issue and is part of the reason you have to have avview running to
be able to do a recording with the AIW cards. Maybe that will be fixed one
day, however don't hold your breath as there are supposed to be some hardware
issues that affect this...

Xawtv only displays incoming video, it does not do it concurrently with
recording so using that method is of little use to Mythtv.

--
Harondel J. Sibble
Sibble Computer Consulting