[mythtv-users] Off-Topic - Wireless - DATA request

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Tue Jul 22 10:30:03 EDT 2003

Form:
For each device, (Keyboard, mouse, remote, IR/RF Receiver, IR/RF
Transmitter) please fill out the following.

Device:                   Keyboard & mouse
Signal:                   RF
Brand Name:               Gyration
Model:                    Cordless Optical Suite
Usable Range:             20ft.
Buttons:                  3-button scroll mouse, full (laptop-style)
keyboard
Battery Type:             4-AAA for keyboard, mouse built-in NiMH
Battery-Life:             too new to tell...
Cost:                     USD$99 @ CompUSA; best retail seen: $85-$100
Install notes:            Standard USB HID device(s)

Usage notes:              Mouse is really cool... it's gyroscopic, so you
can use it in mid-air, or use it as a regular optical mouse on any surface.
Keyboard is a very nice size for laptop use & very lightweight.

Software tested with:    no special software needed; it's just like a
regular USB mouse & keyboard (although the 'special buttons' (email,
browser, etc) only work under Windows

Other comments:          Keyboard died after a couple of weeks; Gyration
RMA'd it & I am currently waiting for the unit to be returned.

Recommend:               A qualified 'yes', provided the new keyboard
doesn't die

If Keyboard..
Media keys work:          no
Media keys programmable:  no
Mouse on keyboard:        no

If Mouse..
Scroll Wheel:             yes
Optical:                  yes

If Transmitter/Reciever..
Software used:            standard USB HID kernel device(s)

-JAC