[mythtv-users] Sound problems, suggestions please.

michael brown spam-me at houston.rr.com
Wed Dec 31 00:19:33 EST 2003

Kevin N. Carpenter wrote:

> I'm a gentoo user, having emerged mythtv-0.13-r1.  When it starts,
> myth talks about "opening OSS audio device" - is there something else
> I need to do?

I'm new to mythtv and mine says the same thing even though I have Alsa
installed as well.  I also had "alsa" in my USE varible whithin
make.conf when I emerged mythtv, so I'm not sure that following Jelle's
advice will help.  I'd like to know if it does change the startup
message about OSS, or if myth just always says that.

michael brown