[mythtv-users] Can't get any TV video

Barry Mead bmead15 at cox.net
Sat Dec 27 07:59:19 EST 2003

I have a fast computer (Athlon 2700) with a pvr-350 card and an nVidia
geForce-4 video card with TV-Out.  I am using Mandrake 9.1 and I have
followed the directions very carefully.  I have done about 5-days of research
on the internet in addition to reading the supplied docs thoroughly.
What is working.  xmltv, ivtv, lirc, mplayer, mysql, database, loaded with
channel info,  Sound, cat video0 >xxx.mpg works, ptune.pl works, mythtv
backend works.

What is not working is the frontend.  All of the mythtv menus work, but
as soon as I try to "Watch TV" the viewing window goes completely
black.  I hear the audio, but the video viewing area is completely black.

Also I cannot get the TV-Out working.  I followed the instructions and
downloaded nvtv but it does not send anything to my tv.

I have done everything that anyone has suggested in available on-line
documentation associated with the project.  I would sure like to see
some video and get the TV-Out working.  Any Ideas or suggestions
would be welcome!