[mythtv-users] bttv/saa-7134/cx88/nvidia/kernels in ATrpms (was: Mythtv install in Fedora - bttv driver package not found)

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at physik.fu-berlin.de
Sun Dec 28 09:24:03 EST 2003

On Sat, Dec 27, 2003 at 02:13:24AM -0600, Matt Mueller wrote:
> I'm in the process of installing mythtv over Fedora using Jarod's guide and
> am having issues installing the bttv driver.  I'm attempting: apt-get
> install bttv-kmdl-$KERNEL, which is returning "E: Couldn't find package
> bttv-kmdl-2.4.22-1.2129.nptl_25.rhfc1.at".  I searched the users and dev
> mailing list but couldn't find anything.  I tried freenode.net, but
> couldn't get an answer(could of been the fact it is 2:00 am CST), and in
> looking at http://atrpms.physik.fu-berlin.de/name/bttv/ I see some rpm's,
> but I don't see any i386 builds.  Should there be?  The builds that are
> there also contain the text "-0.9.12-32.rhfc1.at" and I don't know what
> affect that has.  At this point I don't know where else to look.  Jarod's
> guide is great so far, and I've tried to follow it to the "t"; so I don't
> know if I did something wrong.

The last upgrade of these packages require teh videodev patch as well
as the v4l2 api patch. I realized after uploading, so these were
pushed to bleeding state, until I could patch up the kernels.

In the same time all kernels from Red Hat were updated, so I had to
reiterate. And finaly my build machine crashed right during the Xmas
break. :(

So it wasn't meant to happen. New kernels and kernel modules are
uploaded now, some of them still in bleeding state. Reports are
welcome, positive one inclusive ;)

BTW the new nvidia drivers have also been packaged in a rather
non-destructive way (can even coexist with Mesa!). Anyone tested
overscanning features and motion detection lacking in the last driver?
I'd like to consolidate them (three drivers are too much ;)
Axel.Thimm at physik.fu-berlin.de