[mythtv-users] [OT] LVM partitioning suggestions?

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Tue Dec 23 11:36:56 EST 2003

I was wondering if anyone here had some thoughts on this....

I have a 120 GB drive that I'm looking to do a bare-metal install on,
and I was wondering what a good partitioning scheme might be.  I was
thinking of using LVM (I assume I need at least 1 non-LVM partition to
boot from?) and dividing the disk into as many partitions of a certain
size (say, 10GB maybe) as will fit.  Then I can easily reallocate my
LVM vg's as my storage needs evolve, in increments of 10GB.  Does this
sound like a doable approach?  Is there some reason I wouldn't want to
create more than <n> partitions on a single drive?

-JAC