[mythtv-users] Moving to Fedora Core & Myth 0.13: Backup and Restore...

Richie Jarvis richie at helkit.com
Tue Dec 23 04:38:48 EST 2003

Hi Again,

It took me a little longer than anticipated, but I am happy to report a
partial success.

Things I have learnt:

1. Make sure /var is clear of everything but the mythtv progs! (had to
reinstall FC1 twice because of this!)
2. Backing up the db didn't go as planned - I haven't been able to
reimport my old progs due to problems with the database - will send a
query email about this.
3. The apt-get of LIRC does not support LIRC_SERIAL out of the box.  I
had to recompile the kernel, modify the uname string, compile
lirc-0.7.0pre2 manually to get an lirc_serial.o suitable for running
with my kernel.

Apart from that, all is well.  I have a couple of support related
queries - but will pop those in a separate email.

Cheers,

Richie