[mythtv-users] Recording from Composite for Camcorder

Volckaert, Jeff jvolckaert at chartermi.net
Mon Dec 22 12:36:53 EST 2003

Hello Everybody,

I have a PVR250 and I want to record from my camcorder to
make into DVDs.  I added a bogus channel guide (just
antenna listings I think) to Composite 4 (the RCA in) and
am able to watch live TV and switch sources to it.  I can
view the video fine now.  I ran 'mythfilldatabase --update'
but don't see my new source.  I really just want to kick
off manual record for 1.5 hours and start up the camcorder.

Any suggestions?

Any way to add just a single manual record channel to
mythtv?

Thanks,
Jeff

BTW, MythTV has been happily chugging along for months now
for me.  Except for XMLTV updates and two myth updates (not
on the new current release yet) things have been flawless.
 Good job everyone, really... it's my current killer app
for linux.