[mythtv-users] Re:Serial Control channel scripts

Romel Llarena rdllarena at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 22 09:42:01 EST 2003

In regards to the ppv.pl script. Is this your first
time running it? If so, I believe I had a similar
problem as you did. Two tips:

1. Always run ppv.pl 1 and then ppv.pl 2. The script
doesn't like it when you try to load information into
the database, when information is already there.
2. I have found the script to fail at times when I
don't run it right after a mythfilldatabase. My
suspicion, confirmed by 4hands, is that the available
channels may have changed, which is corrected by the
Mythfill. If the available channels change, then
ppv.pl chokes on it as well.

Good luck!