[mythtv-users] MythTV vs. SageTV vs. Etc....

Fri Dec 19 03:34:48 EST 2003

> The only thing MythTV doesnt have is watching TV shows remotely on my
> WinXP server.

You mentioned that you were using PVR250s which record in mpeg2.  Although it's a bit of a hack you should be able to watch programs remotely by using samba to share your filesystem and just double clicking on the files in Windows. (I think Media Player sees past the .nuv to work out what the file type really is?).

If you don't like the cryptic file names then look in the contrib dir to find a crude perl script which generates a dir of symlinks with friendly names back to the orig files.

Perhaps this is an adequate workaround?