[mythtv-users] MythTV vs. SageTV vs. Etc....

Dale Weber linuxgeek at thedynaplex.net
Thu Dec 18 23:58:07 EST 2003

On Thursday 18 December 2003 12:09 pm, Sean wrote:

> Just as I didn't mean to sound like the complainy, whiney newbie b**ch, but
> looking back on my post it kinda does sound that way.

	I didn't take it that way. :)

> Quite the opposite
> actually as I see my Myth experience as a constant learning one. I think it
> would be very fair to say that I have learned more about Linux in the past
> few months just tinkering with Myth trying to get it to work rather than
> the years prior of poking around the fringe.

	AMEN!  Since I switched to Gentoo for my distribution (from RedHat 9.0), and
started tinkering with MythTV, I think I have learned more about Linux, in
general, than I have ever known.  This has been, and will continue to be, a
great learning adventure for me. :D

> I truly and deeply appreciate
> the commitment and output of all of the developers and community leaders in
> making an extremely competitive product, even if they weren't aiming for
> it.

	Same here.  I am always happy to see projects like MythTV and other Open
Source projects exist and continue to grow and evolve.

> My basic question still stands. I think we can all agree that there is no
> one true end-all-beat-all solution. I personally see Myth heading in that
> direction the fastest. Thanks for all the input!

	Yes, indeed, as active as this group and its developers are, I definitely
agree.  I haven't really looked that closely at other similar projects, but
this one is certainly one of the more, if not most, active.

	8-Dale
--
The Dynaplex Network - http://www.thedynaplex.org
We support Open Source 100% with Linux and FreeBSD!