[mythtv-users] Re: [Madlug] 2.6 Kernel released!!!

Darrick Hartman ricko73 at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 18 15:07:10 EST 2003

I seem to have the 2.6 kernel working with the ivtv
drivers.  While this is still considered
developmental, here is a link to the patched source.
I grabbed the CVS this morning then patched it with
Jeff Clark's patch.  I HAVE NOT TESTED THIS
EXTENSIVELY.  It appears to work for me so far.
You'll need to be running a 2.6 kernel when you build
this or modify the Makefile to point to your kernel
source.

Enter the ivtv/drivers directory.  Type 'make' then
copy the *.ko to
/lib/modules/<yourkernelhere>/kernel/drivers/media/video/.
do demod -a

Change to utils directory.  Type 'make' to make the
utils.  Copy the 4 executables to /usr/local/bin

http://www.djhsolutions.com/downloads/mythtv/ivtv-2.6kernel-121803.tar.gz

I'll possibly write up a brief note for the
modprobe.conf setup if I get a chance.  It does differ
from modules.conf.

Enjoy!

Darrick