[mythtv-users] wireless keyboards

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Wed Dec 17 10:54:33 EST 2003

On Tuesday 16 December 2003 18:50, Chris wrote:
> What kind of wireless keyboards/mouse combos are people using with
> their myth boxes?
>
> I'm finally going to move my box down near my big tv and need a good
> working solution for a wireless keyboard/mouse

I use a Gyration Cordless Optical Suite.  It's RF, so you don't need
line-of-sight, and it has a (nominal) range of 25 ft.  The keyboard is
nice and small, and the mouse is gyroscopic as well as optical, which
means it can be used in mid-air as well as on any suitable surface.

The only thing with mine was that I apparently got a defective unit... I
RMA'd it once, and they supposedly 'repaired' it, but it died again a
few days after I got it back.  I RMA'd it again, and for whatever
reason (they said they lost my unit, but maybe they finally got wise to
the fact that it was defective) they replaced it with a new one, which
has been working great for the past month.  I don't use it heavily, so
I can't comment on battery life.  They retail for about USD $90 (a bit
on the pricy side, I guess), and works as standard USB HID keyboard/
mouse devices.

-JAC