[mythtv-users] DVB channels ASTRA germany

Daniel Kleine-Albers dka at kesslerundpartner.biz
Wed Dec 17 10:02:47 EST 2003

Hello everybody,

just managed to setup mythtv 0.13 on gentoo. Looks very nice, but i
have a problem that i cannot find any good information how to get the
data about dvb channels into the database??

So, can anyone point me how i can import a channels.conf file (used by
szap, scan, ...) or send me (my preferred choice) a simple database
dump for the dvb relevant tables (dvb_channel, dvb_pids, dvb_sat i
think)? (i'm using ASTRA in Germany)

Is there any documentation about the fields in the tables and which
values they can take, etc? So i probably could get the info out of my
sat receiver and enter it manually.

I already tried to patch the setup with channeleditor found somewhere
in the archives but the patch doesn't work completely, fails with
mythwidgets.cpp.

Thanx in advance,
Daniel