[mythtv-users] Hardware Advice

Kevin Corry kevincorry at sbcglobal.net
Tue Dec 16 16:24:05 EST 2003

On Tuesday 16 December 2003 14:55, James Orr wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-12-16 at 12:58, John Line wrote:
> > Take a look at this case.
> > http://www.ajump.com/ajump/product.asp?pf%5Fid=7230025&dept%5Fid=2005
>
> Very nice, but I have a concern about the silver faceing.  If I add a
> DVD drive, is it possible to get one with a face that matches?  I've
> seen black ones before, but I don't recall seeing silver.

NewEgg has some links to reviews of this case.
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=11-129-142&depa=1&section=4

The reviewer from HTPC News talked about taking a regular beige DVD drive and
spray-painting the face-plate with a silver paint. Seems like a decent
solution.
http://www.htpcnews.com/main.php?id=overturereview1

--
Kevin Corry