[mythtv-users] not capturing audio

fathom at morpheus.net fathom at morpheus.net
Tue Dec 16 09:54:17 EST 2003

I have a ATI Wonder VE and a SBLive. Everything is working except it's not
capturing audio for the video streams. I've ran the alsamixer to make sure
everything is unmuted and turned up.

Starting up xawtv and running aplay /dev/dsp produces a bunch of buffer underrun
errors, has anyone had this problem and resolved it?

Sound works otherwise though, i can cat <something> > /dev/dsp and hear sound so
I know the device is working, I just don't know what I'm doing wrong otherwise.

Also, the captured shows seem a bit huge. This is what I see for a 1/2 hour show.

-rw-r--r--    1 root     root     1303104387 Dec 15 20:30
1039_20031215200300_20031215203000.nuv

I'm using the .13 release as well, patched, and fixed the database stuff that
was discussed on the main mythtv.org page.

Any help would be appreciated.