[mythtv-users] .13 xinerama and horizontal

Lance Simmons lance at lsimmons.net
Mon Dec 15 17:36:45 EST 2003

* Doug Larrick <doug at ties.org> [031215 12:40]:

> MythTV is now reading the screen's size from the X server, which you
> can set in the XF86Config-4 file (using the DisplaySize directive).
> Unfortunately, it's not possible to get this info per-screen when
> using  Xinerama.

Breaking support for Xinerama sounds like a pretty good argument against
changing how MythTV reads the screen's size.  Do you know why it was
done?

> The specs say that the dimensions returned are supposed to  be those
> of the first screen, but it sounds like your driver's Xinerama

What do you mean by my "driver's" Xinerama support?  What kind of driver
are you talking about?

> support is returning the size of both screens together.

Then why doesn't the picture have the right size when I have the window
maximized across both screens?

> Try setting the DisplaySize to various values.

No luck so far...

> Or try running with 2 heads in a  non-Xinerama setup.

Do you mean running on different virtual terminals?

--
Lance Simmons