[mythtv-users] .13 xinerama and horizontal

Doug Larrick doug at ties.org
Mon Dec 15 13:29:56 EST 2003

On 2003.12.14 23:16, Lance Simmons wrote:
> The switch to .13 hasn't worked out well for me so far.  I usually
> run xinerama, and in the past that hasn't caused any problems.  Now,
> however, if I'm using xinerama (2 screens), the width of the picture
> is wrecked.  The picture is taller than it is wide.

MythTV is now reading the screen's size from the X server, which you
can set in the XF86Config-4 file (using the DisplaySize directive).
Unfortunately, it's not possible to get this info per-screen when using
Xinerama.  The specs say that the dimensions returned are supposed to
be those of the first screen, but it sounds like your driver's Xinerama
support is returning the size of both screens together.  Try setting
the DisplaySize to various values.  Or try running with 2 heads in a
non-Xinerama setup.

-Doug