[mythtv-users] PVR250 and Empty Mpeg files...

Jelle Kalf jelle at kalf.org
Mon Dec 15 06:21:05 EST 2003

Hi,

I'm using the lastest hauppauge firmware from their site. It works fine.
Perhaps, seen the files are 0 in length, did you set the correct permissions
on your video store directory ? It could be a problem ofcourse.

Second of all, does your live TV give you a correct image?

There are numerous sites about installing the ivtv driver correctly. Perhaps
you can take a look at mine. It's a pretty straightforward howto:
http://epia.kalf.org/. Don't look at the rest of the garbage about the xfree
etc, that's only needed when you have a epia-M board.

Some tips to setting your card correctly before doing 'cat /dev/video0 >
test.mpg' ..

test_ioctl -u 0xff
test_ioctl -f width=720,height=576

0xff = PAL