[mythtv-users] PVR250 and Empty Mpeg files...

Richie Jarvis richie at helkit.com
Mon Dec 15 07:38:49 EST 2003

Hi Jelle,

Thanks for writing back.  The permissions certainly could be an issue
(in the words of Homer Simpson - d'oh!) - the dir was (until about 3
seconds ago) owned by user mythtv - not user myth, which is the user
mythfrontend runs under.  Although, mythbackend is run by the root user,
and if memory serves, it is mythbackend that records the files.  What
confuses me more than anything else, is the way that things do record
fine, until something happens (don't know what, as the logs are not very
clear) - then I get zero length files, and the live TV won't work from
that point on.

Until the problem occurs, live TV does work fine.

Had a look at your webby - very nice - another Q just occured to me -
how is the firmware from the hauppage drivers loaded and where does it live?

I think I am gonna have to put the PVR250 back in again and try it all
again.... then post the ivtv logs if it doesn't play.

Cheers,

Richie