[mythtv-users] Need for a real forum?

Torsten Schenkel torsten.schenkel at web.de
Thu Dec 11 12:04:50 EST 2003

On Thu, 2003-12-11 at 16:15, Joseph A. Caputo wrote:

> (3) Yes, I know I could run my own webmail & IMAP servers on my
> semi-static Comcast IP.  However, I prefer not to have any ports open
> on my firewall other than 1 port for SSH.  This is a fine solution as
> long as I have access to a *nix box (Linux, Unix or Mac OS X).
> However, most WIndows boxes that I might encounter "in the wild" don't
> have an SSH client available to do tunneling or at least give me a
> shell.

HeHe, this reminds me of the looks the people gave me in an internet cafe
in sydney :-)

Why, well I was sitting in front of a full screen terminal ssh session reading
mail with mutt :-o

I guess you can always go to the putty site and run putty from the browser.

Works 9 out of 10 cases for me, and in the 1 case it doesn't, I change Internet
Cafes.

Torsten
--
Config files for PVR350 TV-Out: