[mythtv-users] raw ac3 out the S/PDIF ?

John P. Poet john at BlueSkyTours.com
Thu Dec 11 11:44:28 EST 2003

Using my pcHDTV card for input, I can get pretty good output using MPlayer
1.0pre3 and ALSA 1.0.0rc2 with the following command:

mplayer -ao alsa9:spdif -ac hwac3 -vo xv -autosync 30 -fs cbs.ts

Only thing missing is a deinterlacer.

I have MythTV built from cvs last night (Dec 10th), and after a bit of
fiddling I can use it to *watch* a digital channel.

What I cannot do, is hear any sound.  I have ALSA support compiled in, and (I
believe) enabled.  I also have the SPDIF check box selected.

Can somone give me a clue on how to send the raw AC3 audio stream out the
S/PDIF jack of my on-board sound?

Thanks,

John