[mythtv-users] DVB channels website idea

Thu Dec 11 10:27:20 EST 2003

> > I was thinking it would be a good idea if we could collate
> > some info, possible on mythtv.org itself consisting of:
> > - a data table, listing the required information for each of
> > the tables for use as a cross check for people with existing systems
> > - cut'n'paste SQL insert block
>
> I second that as a great idea.
>
> > I would be happy to code the webapp.
>
> I'm happy to help too.

You can run the scan app to find all the channels on your card.  In addition there is a website in the UK which lists all terrestrial transmitters (if you need it), and there are a couple of websites which list all the satellite channels and their settings.

Ramon wrote some code to import the output of scan and also to automatically look up your satellite settings from the website and import into the DB.  Kenneth has written a decent setup app which makes it really easy to add channels to the DB, and he asked me to produce some code which imports the scan output - unfortunately for time reasons I haven't done any work on it (although I have some code here if someone would like to work on it?)

I would think that this is a better area to work on bearing in mind all the info seems to be already available either through scan or various websites.