[mythtv-users] Setting up native lirc support in MythTV

Kevin mythtv-users at simplyc.com
Wed Dec 10 23:19:02 EST 2003

	Hello.

	I have now configured my Hauppauge IR remote to work with irw. I can press keys on the Hauppauge remote and irw echos them nicely.

	I have been unable to get MythTV to see them though.

	I have gone through this list and searched and there are many references to the lircrc file. I have created this in ~/.mythtv although some messages referred to .lircrc while others referred to lircrc. I have tried both without success.

	Also, there seems to be a difference between using native lirc support or using irxevent. Do I have to do anything special to enable native lirc support. I have tried using irxevent but have not figured it out yet.

	Any help appreciated.