[mythtv-users] Need for a real forum?

Øyvind Repvik mythtv at repvik.org
Wed Dec 10 20:18:38 EST 2003

Mark said:

>> That would be nice if I had control over my mail server.  Comcast
doesn't give me a choice -- POP3 only.  They have a webmail interface,
but I *hate* webmail.  I only use it when I'm on a 'temporary'
>> computer.  I use a real mail client on my 2 main PCs: work & home.
>>
> My solution to your problem was:
> Put together spare computer out of old parts lying around.
> Download all emails to "server" as they come in, serve IMAP
> to all computers and logins as required wherever they may be.
> Still working on setting up webmail to check remotely anywhere
> else but home.

With Squirrelmail, this takes approx. 10 minutes :)
I use Courier-imapd and Squirrelmail for all my mail, works great :) To
fetch all my mail, I use fetchmail, then run it through procmail (With
spamassassin)