[mythtv-users] Sound is coming out "flat"

Romel Llarena rdllarena at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 5 15:04:50 EST 2003

I've finally got my Myth box production ready. Video
is being captured, scheduling set, command over
external DirecTV receiver appears to be working fine.

One thing that I noticed, the sound that's coming out
appears to be "flat". No stereo separation it all
sounds like it's coming out of the center channel. My
rig is similar to Jarod Wilson's, Chaintech mb,
PVR-250, SB Audigy card. My DirecTV receiver plugs
into the the PVR-250 via S-Video and two RCA plugs
that go into a 1/8 stereo Y adapter purchased from
Radio Shack. The video comes comes out via the mb
built in S-Video, and sound comes out the PCM port of
my SB Audigy card.

Anyhow, when watching TV, the sound feels flat. I'm
not getting the same feeling when playing MP3s,
although I have also noticed it when playing DVDs as
well.

Have I a missed a critical setting?