[mythtv-users] DVD playback

Andy check_1_2 at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 4 01:25:39 EST 2003

So I’ve searched everywhere I can think of, but I can’t find anyone else
who’s mentioned this problem, so I expect it’s unique… At least I hope it
is, lest I get flamed!!

I’m running Myth .12 (KnoppMyth v4) and having trouble with playing DVDs. I
am not interested (yet) in ripping or transcoding them, just playing them
from my DVD-ROM drive.

When I put a DVD in the drive and select “Play DVD” The DVD activity light
comes on, as does the HD light, but I see no video, just same “Play DVD”
“Play VCD” “Rip DVD” icons. I cannot “Esc” out of this and have to reboot
the computer to get out of this.

If I had to guess, I’d say it’s either buffering the DVD to the HD (for a
VERY long time) or it’s playing the DVD, but on a screen that I can’t see.
If it’s the latter, how do I get it to play the DVD on my monitor? My
computer has no TV out. If that’s not it, any suggestions?

-Andy.