[mythtv-users] Xinerama and MythTV 0.12

Matt Ford mford at ecs.umass.edu
Thu Dec 4 01:17:39 EST 2003

Sorry if this gets posted more then once...  My mistake
        I have been using Myth for about 4 releases now, and this is the
first big speed bump I have hit.  I just updated my computer to FC1 from
RH9, and then proceeded to install Myth v.12, from source.  Everything
went fine, myth ran nicely, then I come down this evening and start it
up, and I can only see the blue background all of the icons are gone.  I
had this problem before, and it was because I had set Myth to start from
Xinerama screen 1 instead of 0, so previously I changed it back and went
about my business.
        Now I am seeing the same behavior, but I have everything set as
I did before.(screen 0, 800x600)  I do not know what the difference is
this time.  If I turn xinerama off, then Myth works just fine, but I do
not want to do this.  Does any one know a fix for this problem, or am I
the only person having it?  Thanks for any advice people can give.

- Matt